WORK WITH DANIEL
- Opera directing and assistant directing
- Radio directing and assistant directing
- Play directing and assistant directing
- Concept strategy and application
- Diversity and inclusion training for casts and companies
- Script consultations for playwrights and screenwriters
- Production dramaturgy for opera, ballet, radio and dance
- Actors’ packets/research materials
- Specialized consultations and workshops
- Program notes and study guides
- Score translations and supertitling for opera
- Voice acting and narration
- Stage acting
- Acting coaching for singers
- Speaking engagements for schools, conferences and panels
*Contact the site for quotes and pricing. Discounts are given for students, small companies, emerging artists and others*
What is Dramaturgy?
The chief responsibility of a dramaturg is the comprehensive creation of the world in which a story takes place. Whether it’s collaborating with playwrights to enrich the worlds that they create, workshopping with actors and directors to align text and performance, or researching a piece and creating materials to assist designers and performers, the dramaturg is a critical member of any production team.
Dramaturgs wear many hats on a production, and each artist approaches the discipline a different way.
To learn more about the role of the dramaturg, read Daniel’s article in Dramatics Magazine here.